Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Favorite Actress!!!

Leo and Kate!!!!!! I think was one of the parts in the movie where I had snot running down my nose I was crying so hard!
Love this movie!! First and only movie I've seen more than 2 at the movie theater. I saw Titanic 6 times.

Kate Winslet as Mother of 4boys in Finding Neverland.

Kate Winslet & Emma Thompson as sisters in Jane Austen's
Sense and Sensibilty



Okay you all know what a fanatic I am about movies...and I love to watch award shows. When I was younger I used to take stats of the Oscars....weird I know but i loved it. Well on Sunday I watched the Golden Globes and I was so Happy I had to blog about it. I love love Kate Winslet. She is my Favorite Actress. I have loved her since I saw Sense and Sensibility and then of course TITANIC. She tore my heart out in Finding Neverland, and I felt like I could have been Iris in The Holiday. She has been nominated 7 times...7 times for a Golden Globe and 4 times for The Oscar with no win. Which is so unbelievable . Sunday she won.!!!!! Twice. She won for Best Actress in a Drama and Best Supporting Actress(two different movies of course). When they called her name for the Best Actress award I started to cry. She is an amazing actress in whatever she does. And she has deserved the recognition for so long I am so glad she won! I'm crossing my fingers for the Oscar!!!

7 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

I like Kate too. She is a great Actress. I think I saw Titanic like 4 times in the theater. So, you're not so weird.

Annie said...

Holy smokes... I can picture it all now! We should totally take that home video of you seeing Goldie and Kirt in California and you bawling and post it on your blog! You are a riot! Love you!

steph k said...

I actually saw the part when she won best actress.... I think *I* even cried a little over her reaction!! She certainly deserves it! :)

Lisa said...

I totally agree about Kate. She is amazing! I am so glad she won! Remember watching Sense and Sensibility together? (and all the other old movies we love). Man alive I miss you!!!!

Gallant Family said...

Yeah, I remember bawling in the movie theater with you, on more than one occasion. The only part of the whole awards show was when she won her first. It was very fun to watch and I got all choked up too. Love your stinkin' guts!

*karen* said...

Oh Jamie! Yay! I love kate winlet too! :)

The Fife's said...

Love your new picture on top. You are so clever.